Welcome to Tell Me Something Tuesday. A weekly discussion post here on Rainy Day Ramblings where I discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog.
This week's discussion topic:
What are some of things you look forward to during the Fall Season?
I think this post is to perk me up and get me in the spirit for Fall. I do love Fall, but not as much as Summer. I am hands down a Summer person, so I can't help but feel a tinge of melancholy as the Summer dwindles away. When those fits bits of color touch the leaves, I know that it is just a matter of time before the crisp days of Autumn settle in and Summer slips away until next year.....So I am going to share with you all what I love about Fall.
When I lived in Phoenix for ten years, I didn't really get to experience the seasons like I did in Idaho growing up and now here in Oregon. Fall isn't the same without crisp, cool nights and warm afternoons, and most of all the changing of leaves. When the leaves change into all shades of red, gold, and orange it is a magnificent sight that one can enjoy until the end of November. The only downside: the cleanup.
In Oregon, we are lucky to have a bounteous harvest of Fall fruits and vegetables. The summer berries and fruit give way to all varieties of colorful apples, pears, along with plenty of squash, pumpkins and hazelnuts. I love making fall soup and desserts with all the Fall fruits and veggies.
I love all the delicious fall sweet treats. Anything pumpkin flavored cookies, breads, muffins, cakes, lattes etc. I am all for trying. Caramel Apples and Caramel Popcorn are must haves this time of year. I also love all the wonderful new Fall coffee and latte flavors.
Back to School:
As I kid, I didn't always look forward to back to school time, but if I am honest, I have to admit, I did enjoy new school clothes and school supplies. Don't you just love a brand new box of crayons? Now as a mother, I am excited for my daughter to start kindergarten. She is ready to go back, and I am too since she and her brother have been fighting more lately... summer boredom.
While I love the warm summer weather, it is nice to head into September and October when the temps cool off a bit. I love the crisp nights and cool mornings. I especially love outdoor fires and the return of sweaters.
I love the Fall Season... the decor the holidays and I especially enjoy preparing for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Halloween is my second favorite holiday. I love all things spooky and paranormal. I crave good ghost stories and things that go bump in the night during the season.....speaking of paranormal and scary.... it is time to get ready for the third year of Something Wicked.
Something Wicked Strikes will be returning starting October 1st!
All during the month of October, you can expect guest posts, interviews, reviews and giveaways for all types of paranormal reads. Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings, Maja@The Nocturnal Library, Candace@Candace's Book Blog and Ali@My Guilty Obsession will be hosting again this year.
This event promises to be bigger and better than last year!
If you are new to Something Wicked, you are in for a treat. You can expect to find terrific paranormal reads almost every day of the month along with a giveaway!
If you want to participate there are three ways:
1. Join the Something Wicked Strikes Blog Hop:
From October 1-31st there will be blog hop giveaway. If you want to participate:
- Add your name to the Linky list. (Linky List is at the bottom of this post).
- Feature a giveaway on your blog i.e. books, gift card, ebooks etc.
- Start your giveaway on October 1st and run it through October 31st. Any blogs that do not have a post up by October 1st will be removed from the list.
- Please keep your giveaway family friendly no erotica or gory horror.
- You must feature the Something Wicked Strikes Banner with your giveaway post (grab the buttons and banners on the Wicked Page).
2. Do your own Something Wicked Post
- Feature on your blog anytime during the month a review, author guest post or interview for any paranormal book of your choice (again please keep your posts family friendly no erotica or gory horror) and offer a giveaway. You must feature a giveaway with your post to be added to the schedule.
- The event hostesses will have your post and link on their page that day to drive traffic to your blog.
- Please note this is separate from the Something Wicked Blog Hop. This post is for one day only.
3. Visit all the blogs daily to enter the giveaways and check out the great posts.
All the hostesses will have the schedule on their blogs. If you want to sign up for a feature on your blog anytime during the month you can contact any of the hostesses to be added to the schedule.
Sign up for the hop below:
Next Week's TMST Question:
What are your book picks for Fall 2014?