Please feel free to join in at any time. We love new participants. Make sure you try and visit as many blogs as you can and comment. Read alongs are a great way to make some new blogging friends and it is also fun to compare notes as you read. Each week we will be viewing all the posts and looking for posts that are creative and entertaining. At the end of the read along the blogger who receives the most votes will win the grand prize and the runner ups will also get something. What is up for grabs? Click here.
April 5th – Chapters 1-8 – hosted by Stephanie at Five Alarm book Reviewshttp://www.fivealarmbookreviews.com
April 12th – Chapters 8-16 – hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog http://www.candacesbookblog.com
April 19th- Chapters 16-24 –hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblingshttp://www.rainydayramblings.typepad.com
April 26th Chapters 24-31 – hosted by Veronica at Mostly Reviewshttp://www.mostlyreviews.blogspot.com
May 3rd – Announcement of Giveaway Winners – hosted by the author –http://www.cambriahebert.com
So have fun. One other note, in order to make it easy for everyone to leave comments could you please turn off your captcha even if it is just for the day. It will expedite the process. If you need more information on how to do this click here.
This weeks questions:
1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do think this is?
I think that Sam is drawn to Heven because she represents everything good that is currently missing from his life. She is the golden girl, friends, popularity, success and all around a nice person. For someone who is struggling with the evil that is constantly surrounding him, it is an escape. I imagine Sam wanting to spend just a few minutes basking in Heven's glow, instead of being the boy banished to the shadows, without family and friends. I think part of the allure too, is his loneliness.
2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During these chapters Sam does some things – bad things – (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you think he was right to do these things?
Well, it is hard to make decisions on right and wrong, when sometimes things fall into the grayish area. But when you get right down to it, his actions are all in the interest of protecting the one person he loves. If I was in a similar situation needing to do some things that aren't exactly exemplary, such as fist fighting etc. in order to protect my kids, I wouldn't hesitate to do so, I would open an angry can of whoop ass, if it meant they would be safe. Basically it boils down to how far would you go to protect the ones you love.
3. In chapter twelve Kimber says some thing’s to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth Kimber’s drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber’s friendship goes from here?
Yes, I fully believe that there is a grain of truth to Kimber's confession. I think that even though she likes Heven and enjoys their friendship, a part of her, the dark side, has always resented Heven because of her success.
Jealously is an ugly beast, once it rears its malicious head, it is hard to suppress it again. I feel that Kimber enjoyed being Heven's friend more after the accident because she made herself look good while sticking to Heven's side, and it was certainly much easier now that Heven was scarred and a shadow of her former self. As far as their continued friendship, I have my doubts, a friendship built on a shaky foundation won't weather the storm.
4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this (her accident and disfigurement) happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?
No, Heven will never go back to being the same person she was before because she has learned, at a great price, the value of beauty, once it is taken from her people view her differently. Even if she got her old face back, she would forever look at the world through different eyes. I hope that she would take the lesson and learn from it and hopefully seek to help others in her situation.
5. Toward the end of these set of chapters, Heven finds out Sam’s secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not?
I have absolutely no idea how I would react. If my boyfriend suddenly told me that he could shapeshift and become a strange creature it would likely scare the bejesus out of me. I mean really, if you were falling in love with someone and they said one day, oh by the way, I am not normal, unfortunately my first instinct would be to back away and RUN! Hey, I would love to say, it wouldn't matter, I accept him as is, but I would be terrified and I just don't know how I would handle it. Heven is braver than I am.
Thanks everyone! See you next week.