Happy Mother's Day Everyone! A big shout out to my mom, have a great day! Today is the final day of the Spring Blog Food Carnival. You still have time to enter for a great food themed book. Click here. I have one final recipe to share with you and it is a good one.
Kittencal's Caramel Apples
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Servings: 8-10 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 -10 wooden sticks
- 8 -10 medium tart apples
1. Insert 1 wooden stick into each apple.
2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees (firm ball stage) about 30-40 minutes and for a softer caramel cook just to a few less degrees.
4. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
5. Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture; turn to coat.
6. Holding by the stick, sprinkle with nuts or whatever you desire while the caramel is still warm (work quickly the caramel sets up fast).
7. Set on generously buttered wax paper to cool (make certain to generously butter the paper).
8. Note: if making a double recipe make two recipes in two separate pots.
Delicious! I will announce the winner's on Monday! Enjoy your weekend. Don't forget to click on the banner to visit the other sites. A big thanks to Candace, Lori and Angela for putting this fun event together. I also want to thank Cambria Hebert for designing my Food Court Banners. Thanks ladies, you made it a fun week!