Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) - Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) - Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) - Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) - Tina @ Tina's Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) - Missie @ The Unread Reader
You can check out the awesome prize packs on their blogs.
For my posts and pictures, I will be featuring my kids because it is hard to take pictures of yourself with the stuff and second they are cuter.
1. In Chapter 21, David and Sarah venture into a grocery store to try to find some essentials. Show us a picture of the top three items you consider your essentials when you go shopping.
At our house considered staples that we buy every week or make sure we have on hand are, eggs, milk, bananas (fruit), cheese and macaroni and cheese. Of course, bread and coffee are two other must have items.
2. Sarah and David travel quite a distance to "visit" a family member. Show us a picture of your most recent family vacation (or staycation). Who did you visit and where did you go?
3. Sarah refers to David's sister as the Martha Stewart type because she likes to make things from scratch. Show us a picture a hobby or home project you get enthusiastic about making/doing.
Before kids, I was super crafty. I used to love making jewelry, cross stitching, candle making and glittering and embellishing things with crystals. Since the kids came, my time is limited so for the most part, my crafting stuff is put away for a later date. Here is a photo of some my creations.
4. David and Sarah decide to start up their own Zombie exterminators business, and even come up with a name and slogan for it, “S and D Zombie Extermination. We take care of your undead issues.” If you opened up your own zombie killing business, what would you call it, and what would your slogan be?
5. What were your favorite/least favorite parts of Married with Zombies? Aside from David and Sarah, who was your favorite/least favorite character?
My favorite parts of Married with Zombies were the altercations between David and Sarah, all the petty arguments that over time went away. I also enjoyed watching them work together and rekindle their failing marriage. The sarcastic commentary was funny. The chapter titles were hilarious and creative! I also liked the scene with the stripper zombies and the casino zombies playing the slot machines.
The pair spent very little time in the company of any other characters aside from their air headed neighbor Amanda, who was my favorite character. She is dense and clueless and provides some memorable laugh out lines. I was even glad that David got so he liked her at the end and felt bad when she died. I was indeed disappointed by her demise.
6. What do you think is coming up next for David and Sarah? Which do you think has a better chance of survival, their marriage or their humanity? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
For David and Sarah I think they will continue to work together and reignite the lost flames between them. I think at this point their marriage has a much better chance of surviving. Things are looking grim for humanity. Yes, I would like to continue this series. It is full of snark and zombies and at times flat out funny. In the next book, I would like to find out more about the zombie plague, how did it come to be? Is there any cure? I would also hope that David and Sarah somehow make it to safety and do find a way to start their zombie exterminator business.
Ok that is a wrap folks! I hope you had fun on the read along. A big thanks to the lovely hostesses for putting on this fabulous event. If you are worried where you are going to get your next read along fix....fear not! The First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones read along is coming in August. Get your books now. Sign ups will be on July 19th on this blog and the other host's blogs. Hope to see you all there!