Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) - Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) - Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) - Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) - Tina @ Tina's Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) - Missie @ The Unread Reader
You can check out the awesome prize packs on their blogs.
For my posts and pictures, I will be featuring my kids because it is hard to take pictures of yourself with the stuff and second they are cuter.
1. In chapter 16 David and Sarah are attacked by freezer zombies in chef attire. Despite its rotten food and disgusting kitchen, lets think about what it could of been before the attack, give me a picture of your dream kitchen or a pic of you cooking your favorite food in your own kitchen... or both!!!
I am very content with my current kitchen it is big and spacious and it has a killer view of
the forest..At our house macaroni and cheese at dinner has become a staple. I cook up a pot at least once a week. Toddlers are picky, pain in the rear eaters and macaroni is one thing they both consistently want to eat. Here is photo of Risa cooking macaroni.
She loves to cook and bake whenever she gets the chance....now if I could only find the trick to getting her to eat better. Any ideas out there?
2. In Chapter 16, David winds up killing those freezer zombies with a blank show me your best one....and yes it must be yours!!!!
Another apocalyptic weapon I do not possess. Adding machete to my list of emergency items.... So, I improvised and took a picture of all the sharp dangerous stuff in my kitchen and in the interest of safety I decided not to photograph my children next to the cutlery :)
3. In Chapter 17 David and Sarah find themselves with some cult like people and wind up trapped. How would you escape? Ropes? Blankets....show me your best.
After reading the way they escaped by sliding out the window on sheet ropes and the
subsequent rope burns... I am not too keen on trying this anytime soon. I certainly wouldn't use ropes unless I was wearing thick gloves. I decided that in the event I need to escape via this method I would try one of our fuzzy, fleece blankets, maybe it wouldn't burn as much.
4. In Chapter 19 David and Sarah find a surprise in the car they stole...in the midst of crazy its a nice welcome. Now whip me up your favorite one and share......you can include recipes!!
I am more of a casual drinker but when I do imbibe, I love a good margarita or a screwdriver. Simple but delicious! A vodka blueberry martini is also nice! Here are the recipes for my two favorite drinks.
The original and true Margarita recipe. The orange liqueur it contains being the only sweetness.
2 oz Tequila
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz Lime Juice
Method: Prepare in shaker
Recipe: Prepare your glass by rimming with salt. First rim the glass with a lime wedge so that the salt can stick to the rim of the glass afterward.
Fill your glass with ice to keep it cold.
Mix the tequila (quality tequila - 100% blue agave - makes all the difference) and Cointreau (or Triple sec) and lime juice in a shaker filled with ice.
Strain into a Margarita glass
Classic orange juice and vodka cocktail
2 oz Vodka
5 oz Orange Juice
Method: On the Rocks
Add the orange juice and the chilled vodka in a highball glass filled with ice.
Stir (with a screwdriver or just a regular spoon)
Bottoms Up! Cheers!
Recipes courtesy of My Best Cocktails.com
5. In chapter 20, Sarah gets to kill a zombie with a cash register, bringing back memories of her worst retail job ever....so tell me whats the worst job you've had......if you can include pictures in your uniform I will die laughing.....or a picture of the place you worked will be good too...:).
While in high school I suffered through the inevitable minimum wage job working at a fast food restaurant in my town known as Arctic Circle. It is fast food burger joint that serves thick ice cream milk shakes in a variety of flavors with a vanilla wafer on top. Let me tell you these milk shakes are a pain in the behind to make and at the end of a busy day my uniform was always splattered with icecream. I don't believe I ever had my photo taken in this hideous uniform, thank god! So, I am not going to be able to indulge you all with a good laugh.
That's it everyone. Next week is the finaly week of the Married with Zombies Read Along and Scavenger Hunt! See you then!