Week One August 2nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted byChristy@ Loves Books.
Week Two August 9th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by Lila@ Babbling About Books and Stuff.
Week Three August 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Jen @ In the Closet with a Bibliophile.
Week Four: August 23rd Chapters 16-21 hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings.
August 30th will be the final wrap up with a special guest post by the author herself, Darynda Jones along with the prize announcements.
1. We meet some of Charley's ghostly "buddies," do you believe you have ever had a ghostly encounter?
I can't say that I have ever had a ghostly encounter, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe in them. I absolutely love all things ghostly. I admit it, I am a junkie for all those ghost shows that come on The Discovery Channel especially around Halloween. I also have a strong desire to visit some place that is supposedly haunted. How I would react if I saw a real ghost? I have no idea, but hopefully it wouldn't scare the pants off me!
2. Charley named her jeep Misery. Have you ever named your vehicles? What did you name them?
No, I am lame and can't say that I have ever given any of my cars a name. I mentioned on another read along that my first car was a 1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville. That car was epically huge and had a hood that was four feet long. It took forever to wash and wax that car by hand. It was an awesome car and built like a tank! I miss that car! Now days, I drive a Kia Sorento and it is named Risa's car because my daughter thinks everything the house, the car etc...are hers.
3. Charley says her name "...brooks no opposition. It takes shit from no one." What do you think your name says about you to strangers? Is there a different name that you think would suit you better?
Unfortunately, when people hear my name a good many of them probably get images of a Swiss girl with long blonde braids as they immediately associate my name with the book Heidi by Johanna Spyri. I can tell you, that is not me! My name actually means Noble One and I saw somewhere that it also means battle maiden. I think the battle maiden is a good a fit because I tend to be a straight shooter and I don't put up with crap! I am willing to stand up and fight and I hate to conform! I run with scissors and color outside the lines! That is so not me in the picture!
4. Charley says her best friend Cookie is "like Kramer from Seinfeld, only not so nervous, like Kramer might have been on Prozac." Give us your best description of your best friend. How would they would describe you?
5. Garrett is reluctant to believe in Charley's abilities, how would you react if a friend divulged to you that they can see and speak with the dead?
I have an open mind and as long as my friend wasn't suffering from any type of illness or had been through some traumatic psychological incident, I would be more than likely willing to believe them. Especially if they could divulge some type of proof. How cool would it be to know someone who can speak to ghosts?